Skip to main content

happy new year ( a review of 2017)

Finally, the year is going to come to an end. As usual, this year also has been a roller coaster ride for me. Beginning of the year, I had so much of love, friends and energy. I was much excited and looking forward for whatever was awaiting me in 2017. I still remember the night before new year, how happy was I. I am not the kind of person who gets excited for New Years, Birthdays or any occasions. It is always just like another day for me where I do not take much initiative to do anything on these special occasions. But, to my surprise, I woke up earlier than I usually do. I did everything that makes me happy on that day. All i had in my mind was, "this year is gonna be the best year of my entire life". It all went well till the middle of the year. Everything fell right at its places until June. Just when I thought "I'm the happiest and luckiest human being because I have the perfect Life", God had some other plans for me. Every single effort of mine was a waste. Whatever I do, or tried became a failure. Friends whom I thought will stand by my side no matter what, left me halfway just because of a silly mistake I did. Academically I was doing poorly. Lecturers and my mentors gave up on me thinking that I am not capable on whatever I was doing. My physical health was another disaster! I visited the hospitals and clinics almost every week.  Family was the only thing I had by my side. Not, forgetting two idiotic souls who were sticking by my side whom I call as Friends a.k.a my  'bros' no matter how tough the situation was and giving me all the support I needed without hesitating even a little. When my perfect was going down the hills I started to wonder where did I go wrong. I knew I had to do something before everything gets out of my control. While thinking of a way out of all these issues, I got myself into more troubles which I do not even want to talk about. The more I was struggling out of troubles, the more I was drowning. I started to change into someone that even I don't know. I do not enjoy listening to music anymore. I tried doing some colouring as I thought it would heal me, but, I just got so frustrated. Reading was one of my favorite things to do, but, it was not helping me either. All I knew was, there is no one to help me out and I am my only help. I fought everything that stood on my way. A friend of mine suggested that I should try watching some Motivational videos of famous people around the world as it might help me a little. So, I took a chance and watched about 30 motivational videos and started reading Biographic books of people around the world. I got a lil motivated and forced myself to do something new everyday, such as talking to strangers, reading different genres of books, drawing my thoughts out and so on. After sometime, I felt better. Even though, I was still worried and upset on whatever happening around me and to me, I took everything as a challenge and Tadaaaaa.. here we are at the end of the year already. After all, What is a life without challenges, Right? All I hope and pray for year 2018 is nothing but, peace and more strength and energy for whatever awaits me in future. Last but not least, Wishing each and everyone of you who were kind enough to spend a few minutes of your time reading this a Happy New Year and may you'll be blessed with everything!

Love, 
y

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Night Stand.

4 th December 2020, 8.33p.m .  My body was trembling and my heartbeat was over the roof, thinking what have I got myself into. I have no idea what would happen next. It was thrilling, yet the pressure of not knowing what is up next made me to have an adrenaline rush. But, all I could think of is, it is going to be a worthwhile experience. As I was walking towards the car, I literally could feel my heart out of its place. Being someone who is pretty much self-conscious, “what would he think about my funny hairstyle” was the only question that was running in my mind. The moment of truth. I went into the car. And the first thing I heard was “I like your hairstyle, its cute though”. I was relieved and started to let loose a little after hearing those words from him. There were some moments of silence. Millions of things were running in my mind. Never have I ever thought I would go out with an absolute stranger whom I have no idea about within less than 24 hours of getting to know thro

Hello Darkness, my old friend....

  Disclaimer : I am not a professional nor someone who has an in-depth knowledge of psychological issues. I just wanted to keep a journal of what I am currently experiencing for my own self, as well to help to those experience the same issue. This is also not an act of seeking sympathy or attention from anyone. Merely writing it for myself and for those who are experiencing anxiety like myself too. It was December, in 2017. The usual yearly vacation with my family season, where on the particular year we decided to go to the Pangkor Island.   It was all fun, till I was swept off by the waves into the middle of the sea and my brothers were trying to save me from drowning in the sea. My eldest brother was holding onto my hands, and something told me to let go off it as I will not survive it. And I decided to let go off the hand. I heard my brothers screaming asking me to reach for their hands. But I felt calm as I drifted off from everything and everyone. I knew I was already drowning a

Unplanned Vacation

It was a dream come true moment, for both Marcus and me. We have been planning the trip for about a year. After so many obstacles finally, we were on the plane. The excitement was real! As the plane took off, I held Marcus’s hand close and tight towards me. I wanted to treasure every single moment of the vacation. I never thought I would actually go for a trip to the most favorite place of mine on earth with my most favorite person. It was a 4 hours journey.  Marcus and I sat beside each other, enjoying each other’s company in silence. In a glace, I studied the details in Marcus’s face. It was perfect, I thought to myself. The sharp jawlines and stubble and the lips.. woahhh it just makes me go crazy on him every single time. I can go on and on for hours talking about how perfect he is! I am just too lucky to have Marcus as my soul mate. He is the perfect boyfriend that makes my wildest dream come true. Right before we land, I got glimpse of an eagle eye view of the place tha